Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Case of the Mondays

I had a serious case of the Mondays on Monday. I got into work and for no reason spent 2 hours crying, everything made me cry. It wasn't pretty and by the time lunch time rolled around all of my makeup was gone and I felt deflated.
So I decided that I required wine and a good meal. I had seen this recipe on Pinterest. I had most of the ingredients in my fridge and with a quick stop for the rest and bottle of wine after work I was ready to go.

Ingredients: Kale, Asparagus (From Sundays Market Trip),Corn (also from Sunday's Market Trip), Orange, Thai Chillies and Red Onion
 New wine, and Sid (It is his table, not mine for the record) Fielding Estate Wines, Fireside White (2011)

The recipe is from Naturally Ella which is an awesome vegetarian recipe website. I made some tweaks to the recipe for my liking, adding Thai chili's to the dressing (which I doubled and used as salad dressing), red onions for a little crunch in the rolls, and kale as the greens (because who doesn't love kale!?).
 Rolls!

 With a side of corn on the cob!

There are so many variations of 'summer' or 'salad' rolls, and the possibilities are endless. I was already thinking how good this would be with some marinated bake tofu! 

Now mine are not nearly as beautiful as hers, but they sure were delicious. I used the leftovers as a salad for lunch on Tuesday. And I apologize for the picture quality, I am new to this and don't have a quality camera. Plus the light in my apartment is just awful after a 7pm.

As always, music is very important when I am cooking. Monday's playlist was punk heavy, including my favourite Against Me!, Crusades and the Holy Mountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment