Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Lips, Kissable Lips

Reds are my favourite lip colour. I would wear a red lipstick any day of the week, almost anywhere. Accept for work. I find that my office is so casual that if I were to show up wearing a red lip the world would end. So my solution was to try and find a lip stain I liked. It will never compare to the reds I like, but it will suffice.
I first started experimenting with lipstick a few years ago. The first red I bought was Russian Red from Mac. I still have one and I love it. Since then I have tried a variety of colours and now have a rainbow of red, pink, burgundy, purple and wine colours. But I always go back to these two reds by Mac. Ruby Woo will stay on for hours and is a wonderful cherry colour. Viva Glam 1 is more of a brick red is really versatile.
Left: Ruby Woo Right: Viva Glam 1
However I recently discovered a new shade that I have fallen for, it stays on all day and is just such an amazing punch of colour. It is Strong by Lush.
  
Lush: Strong (And a kitten paw?) 


Here is all three!

Now moving onto lip stains. A few months ago in one of those subscription beauty boxes I got a lip tint. I didn't try it until recently because I had no reason to, who needs tint when you can wear a bright red lip! However now in my job I want to wear a lip colour, but without such a punch. So here are the two lip tins I enjoy. And I will for sure be trying more. The only thing I can suggest is that they tend to dry out your lips, so load up on your favourite lip balm. (Mine is this one, Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose)
The first one is Model Co Cheek and Lip Tin in Rosy Red. I know nothing about this company. But so far I enjoy it. 
The second one I tried was Revlon- Just Bitten in Flame. I enjoy it, but was hoping for more orange tint. This one comes with a lip balm, but I still enjoy my own.
In the previous post I was wearing Model Co. cheek and lip in the photo. It is quite a pretty rosy colour but not really red. Its very berry coloured on m lips. But it should be noted my lips are quite pink to begin with.

What are your favourite lip colours? Any lip tint suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment